The greening of industry for a sustainable future: building an international research agenda
Schot, Johan and Brand, Ellis and Fischer, Kurt (1997) The greening of industry for a sustainable future: building an international research agenda. Business strategy and the environment, 6 (3). pp. 153-162. ISSN 0964-4733
|Abstract:||In 1995 the coordinators of the Netherlands Advisory Council for Research on Nature and Environment (RMNO) and the Greening of Industry Network initiated a process of developing an international research agenda on sustainable development and the role of industry. The purpose of this initiative was two-fold:
• To develop a research agenda on the process of greening of industry in the context of sustainable development which defines main research priorities for the coming decade;
• To provide a clearer perspective on how research priorities are currently developed and how to improve this process.
After a two year process of discussions via workshops and interviews including various stakeholders, four main research themes were selected:
• Transformation towards sustainable development
• Changing consumption patterns
• Finance, capital and performance indicators
• Technological breakthroughs.
We hope to solicit a discussion on the future of the greening of industry research agenda. This article is based on a report The Greening of Industry for a Sustainable Future: Building an International Research Agenda (1997).
|Copyright:||© 1997 Wiley|
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS)
|Link to this item:||http://purl.utwente.nl/publications/2490|
|Export this item as:||BibTeX|
Daily downloads in the past month
Monthly downloads in the past 12 months
Repository Staff Only: item control page
Metis ID: 100622